Log in or Create an account
0 item($0.00) ·
is on back order
*** ORGANIC EGYPTIAN BLACK-SEED - NIGELLA SATIVA ... $21 -260G ... WHOLE SEED-UNTOASTED***
Packaged in 260gram bags to allow for a full 2 cups, our Black-Seed is of the absolute highest-grade. Binnah has searched far and wide,over land and sea, to source such a high-grade of freshness and quality, with an unparalleled level of delicious vibrancy unseen in the many other brands we have trialed and tested in our pursuit for perfection of this ancient medicinal remedy of the 'Nigella Sativa' Black Seed. For almost all purposes, the Black-Seed needs to be TOASTED prior to ingestion, as toasting removes the bitterness that can cause indigestion, reflux and heartburn. So passionate is Binnah about the necessity to toast that she has written an extensive blog about the 'Art of Toasting'-here,
and also an accompanying YouTube video, here,
... and 'here' are the written instructions!!!
DIRECTIONS FOR TOASTING THE BLACK SEED
1) Measure out one cup (usually around 130 grams) of Organic Black-Seed- make sure you have a high-quality ORGANIC seed from a trusted retailer, be sure it is actual NIGELLA SATIVA and not black onion, or black caraway etc... Initially we believed it was better to toast in half-cup quantities due to the high risk of accidentally burning. After extensive testing we have found that the full cup quantity lends itself to a more consistent heat and subsequently the seeds seem to 'pop' better in the pan. Thus the reason we have packaged our Black-Seed in 260gram bags, as this allows for two full cups of seed.
2) Pour your cup of Black Seed into a mesh strainer and rinse thoroughly under kitchen tap. Rinse the seed thoroughly to clean it and also pick through looking for any stones. All Herbalists are trained to put 'love' and 'intention' into their products, so this is a good stage to imbue some blessings of your own into the seed. Once you are satisfied let the strainer drain over a bowl while you heat your pan.
3) With this method you want a moderately-hot pan. I have chosen ceramic but I have had equally good success with a stainless steel wok, and I imagine cast-iron cookware would impart even more beneficial properties to the seed. Bring the pan up to temperature - you can test by flicking water into the pan, when you hear it 'sizzle', then you know your pan is ready.
4) Now, empty the 'wet' seed from the strainer into the moderately-hot pan - Ok, this is the FUN bit, again - completely optional, but this is where I like to activate that 'prophetic Arab blessing' by 'smudging' my house out from the steam that the wet seed produces... I 'waft' the pan around the house at this point, focusing on areas that are messy and have 'low-energy' that needs raising... Once the steam has subsided I place the pan back on the element and wait for the 'magic' to start 'poppin'..
5) DO NOT WALK AWAY!!! ... It will take a good five minutes before the seed will dry out and start to 'pop', but it will come up to heat fast and the risk of burning is high - so watch it closely at all times... Just keep 'shakin' and stirrin'' - shaking' the pan, and stirring the pot with a clean wooden spoon.
6) Once your seed starts popping you need to continue to 'shake & stir', but with thirty second to sixty second intervals in-between, to allow the heat to build up in the pan ... Once the 'popping' starts to slow down in frequency it is time to start tasting the seed, testing that the bitterness has been replaced by a 'crunchy nuttiness'. Have a dish ready so that you can transfer the seed from the hot pan as soon as it is ready - leaving the seed in a hot pan to cool down MAY result in it being burnt. It is very easy to burn the Black-seed whilst toasting and I, myself, have burnt as many pans of seed as I have toasted successfully!!!.. Yet I never let the burnt seed go to waste as once it is ground it is a lot less perceptible in taste so is perfectly fine to use in recipes (I have a lot of Black-Seed recipes coming 2 U soon!!!)
7) Once you are satisfied that the 'bitterness' has been sufficiently toasted out of your Black-Seed then remove from heat and transfer to separate dish and allow to cool - IMPORTANT - (Word to the Wise) : You MUST allow the black seed toCOMPLETELY cool before the next step of grinding. Any warmth will cause the Black-Seed to coagulate and clump.
8) Once your Black-Seed has completely cooled (at least 4 hours) it is time to grind. ... .You may also choose to keep some of the toasted seed aside as whole and 'unground' for use in certain recipes where the sprinkling of the Toasted Seed (whole) is preferred... Completely up to the individual what method is used to grind the seed. Using the traditional mortar-and pestle is probably preferable for smaller quantities, but when grinding up in volume and for production of products like the 'Tickety-Boo Toasted Caps', I would definitely recommend an electronic coffee/spice grinder. I currently use the 'grinding' blade of my Nutri-Bullet for all my herbal grinding requirements and have heard many herbalists satisfied with the old-fashioned abilities of the 'Magic Bullet'.
9) The 'roasting-toasting process' is complete!!! .. You can now enjoy your ground seed for culinary purposes or measure it out in one teaspoonful doses fordaily 'medicinal'purposes. You may choose to put into capsules or incorporate it into juices or smoothies but I, personally, dump a teaspoon in a small glass of soy or nut milk and gulp it down fast... Incorporating into your cooking will impart delicious flavour to cooking as well as boost the health of your friends and family.
THE BENEFITS OF THE BLACK-SEED
Black seed (Nigella sativa) is considered to be one of the greatest healing herbs of all times. This herb has been used for millenniums to strengthen the immune system, cleanse the body, purify the blood, protect against irritants, and support healthy longevity. The majority of our health problems today have the same overall causes- infection by micro-organisms such as bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi. Clinical medicine (allopathic medicines) treats symptoms individually and usually with synthetic or chemically manufactured medicines that contain alcohol and other harmful ingredients. Black seed is a natural treatment effective at treating the body as a whole and fights the actual cause of the symptoms. Black seed herb taken internally has been found to regulate too weak or too strong reactions of the immune system and is excellent for treating chronic, allergic, and hormonal diseases. It uses are many as well as its benefits. Black seed supports metabolism, improves digestion, and lowers blood sugar levels. It is also used to get rid of worms and parasites from intestinal tract. It is also useful in soothing bronchitis and coughs, increasing body tone, stimulating menstrual periods, and provides quick energy, increases sperm count, calms the nervous system, encourages hair growth and retards hair fall out, prevents skin wrinkling, and much more... It is an adaptogen. This means it is an agent causing adaptive reactions. Truly the benefits are many.
DOSAGE : The Dosage the 'Prophet' was talking about when he claimed that the Black Seed is 'a Remedy for everything but Death' was one teaspoon taken 3xday. These days the general consensus is that to maintain good health one teaspoon taken morning and night just before food. To treat illness or disease in the body, or just if extra daily energy is required, the recommended dosage is 1 tsp taken 3xday.
The Beauty of the Black Seed is that it also works very well as a Complimentary Medicine to Pharmaceutical Medicine, giving the body the Strength to Heal more quickly. If you are treating a serious illness then the recommendation would be, as with all supplements, to introduce the Black Seed gradually over a few days. Start with half teaspoon taken 2-3x per day, and then build up to a full teaspoon taken 3x day... There is never any need to exceed the recommended daily dose as it will not speed up the results in any way!
WELCOME TO THE TRULY WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE MAGICAL BLACK-SEED!!!
* For more delicious recipes and info please subscribe to the Binnah-Blog
* Please 'Like'our FB page -'Tickety-BooHerbal' for constantly updated research and information
* Join the community with Binnah's FB Groups 'BLACK SEED RESEARCH' group & 'BLACK SEED BLESSING GROUP'
* Please email Binnah personally - firstname.lastname@example.org
Usage Warning:As a reminder, discuss the supplements and medicines you take with your health care providers. Our Black Seed Oil is not to be used during pregnancy or if you are lactating. Individuals using hypoglycemic drugs should consult a healthcare professional before taking this product. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, please consult your healthcare practitioner. .
***The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a health care professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have, or suspect you might have, a health problem***
Copyright © 2018 TICKETY-BOO HERBAL.